Landlord Gas Safety Certificates

Why do I need a gas safety certificate?

The Government passed a law in 1996 requiring any landlords who rent out part or all of a property, must have all gas appliances and pipework in the property checked and a gas safety certificate as proof of compliance. This gas safety certificate needs to be renewed every 12 months.

What are the Landlord's responsibilities specifically?
    • Landlords have a legal requirement to have all gas fittings and flues serviced annually by a Corgi & Gas Safe registered gas engineer or Gas Safe registered plumber (Gas Safety Regulations 1998)
    • Landlord's must ensure an annual safety check is carried out annually on each gas fitting and flue
    • Landlords must keep a copy of their certificate for a minimum of 2 years

More information on Landlord's responsibilities can found at

Gas safety inspections and gas certificates

We can provide you with a landlords gas safety certificate and gas inspection service for any property in London.

Landlords and property agents must ensure that all household gas appliances and related pipe work are gas safety checked annually. Technically, a landlord is also required to have an annual service performed to ensure the appliance is in a safe working order. The Landlord must keep a copy of this gas safety certificate for 2 years and provide the tennant with a copy.

Content Image

Content Image